I know, I know…I haven’t posted in FOREVER! I’ve been busy.
This past weekend was a gorgeous one weather wise, and mostly fun too. Friday I was off from work so that I could spend time with our friends from out of town. They ended up getting to our house around 2am on Friday morning. We hung out all day walking around Madison and then headed back home for dinner. We were about to go and cook dinner and then their parents called letting them know that their mover decided to show up two days early and would be at the house in under 24 hours….they were still a 16 hour drive away. SOOO they loaded up and left to try and meet up with the mover. Very sad though because we only got to see them for an afternoon :(. Such is life I guess.
Anyways…Saturday we did some yard sales, during which Joel’s car broke down. 8 hours later we figured out it needed a new battery…NOT an alternator. Sunday was church and then Joel’s uncle’s house for lunch. We left there a little early to go and relax around the house though because we were so tired. We ended up renting 3 different movies over the weekend…..Taken-awesome movie. Yes Man- ok movie. The Uninvited-ok movie….creepy. So here we are again at another week. I haven’t had a full work week in 2 weeks so it will be a long one.
Our 5 year anniversary is coming up on Friday. I cannot believe it has already been 5 years!! It just seems so crazy! 5 years down the road and look where we are….a house, 2 cars, 2 dog, A KID! It’s still weird to look at myself as a grown up with a husband and a baby doing the routine. Odd. I’m sure it will be even more weird when I (hopefully) become a housewife this fall and take care of EVERYTHING ‘home.’
Last night I decided to bake some mini-cheesecakes that I found a recipe for. I altered it slightly with the crust and such but they came out AWESOME. I plan to make some more tonight. YAY for cheesecake!
Well I don’t really have any new pictures or anything exciting to post so I’ll have to work on that this week some more.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Long weekends....they were nice
Posted by Becca at 3:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I heart cheesecake!
All grown up! I still feel like a child at times and very young, but I also feel old and an adult. Strange! I guess I can have a silly childlike personality, which keeps me feeling young! But same, house, cars, baby, dog, husband, crazy!
Post a Comment