So i managed to cook and eat dinner while Kenzie was awake still so i happen to have some spare time tonight. Bottles washed, laundry in, dinner done and put away....woot woot!
Anyways...Friday is our 5 year anniversary which is just CRAZY for me to think about. It's amazing how fast time flies. So i think tonight i'll reminisce a little.
Joel and I met in January 2003 after my sister introduced us. I was staying at her house on the USMC base in GA for the weekend and on Sunday afternoon Joel came over (after he had gone to church). We started flirting and chatting during the day but then at night we really started to hit things off. We ended up staying up and talking until 2am or so. The next day i had to go home but we exchanged phone numbers. I'm pretty sure that we talked that same night on the phone :). Shortly after....i broke up with my current boyfriend of the time, LOL and we went on our first date the following Saturday night. Joel drove down from GA just for a date night with me. We had dinner at Panera and then went and saw a movie. We had an AWESOME night and finished it out with our first kiss. We had sort of a whirlwind dating period. I love you's came out by early March and marriage talk followed shortly after. We were engaged by the end of the year and married in June. A lot of people warned me about getting married so young, that it would be hard and that we wouldn't last. I always knew that i wanted to get married young and hoped that it would happen for me. When i met Joel i knew there was something special about him, when they say that you'll just know....i really did. So this weekend Joel and I will take a little bit of time to celebrate our lives together. We aren't planning anything big...probably just dinner and a movie actually. :) for old time's sake. Grandma will have Kenzie for Friday night but then on Saturday we'll get her back and might go to a gun show in KY for Joel. Boys and their guns. I know it's odd but Joel is really looking forward to Kenzie getting bigger and being able to interact more and learn things from daddy. He has already picked out her first pink beebee gun and knife. :) Here I am buying her Barbie Dolls and looking at plastic kitchenette sets for her to play with, and Daddy is looking for pink weaponry.
Well i think i'll go and do some web surfing. :) lata!!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Spare time!!
Posted by Becca at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love thinking about how me and Sean met. Similar story. I was visiting my mom in St. Mary's and went into Dicks Wings. Sean and I started talking and exchanged numbers. He called about 2 hours later and asked me out. I did not want to go, but my mom made me. By the end of the night, we had kissed and I knew that I would marry him. My mom knew it, too. We said I love you maybe a month later. We met in July, engaged in October, married in February. My dad thought I was crazy, as did many people, for marrying young (24) and marrying someone I had only known a total of 6 months, and he lived 5 hours away from me! But we both just knew. I still just know. And wow what a ride it has been! He was deployed for 7 months our first year of marriage and basically gone that whole first year and moving to Cali 2 days after we got married! Any way, enough about me. Very cute story! Thanks for sharing.
:)
My dad is very excited for Ryan to get older. When we went to the baseball game last weekend, he was saying how he can't wait for Ryan to be older so he can enjoy the game with him and do all the fun things at the stadium with him.
Post a Comment