CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

3 day weekend here i come!!

Well it’s my ‘Friday’ today since I have taken the day off tomorrow and I’ll be busy all day tomorrow so I figured I’d blog a little today.
We are all doing well, nothing big or new to report. Kenzie is sticking to her better sleep schedule and still putting herself to sleep so I guess I should be really thankful for that. I still miss our ‘rocking’ time but I can sometimes get her in a good enough mood to just sit on my lap during th evening while I read her a book. She rarely sits still for the whole thing, but sometimes I can go through it. Joel and I are also reading the Wind in the Willows to her on the weekends so we read that to her when she goes down for naptime. I was holding her this morning and it just hit me how big the child is. She is sooooooooo long. I tell ya’, by the time she’s 5 yrs old we’ll be sharing clothes. J
She is already starting to grow out of a lot of 6 mos. outfits, which is just crazy.
Anyways....I’m psyched about the weekend….shopping with MIL and baby tomorrow, Scottish festival on Saturday, and Mom’s day on Sunday. I’m still not sure what we’ll do on Sunday after church, but we’ll just play it by ear.
Kenzie is going to start teething soon I swear it. She has sort of weaned herself ½ off the paci because right now she just loves sucking on her fist. At night I’ll start out with her having a paci but when I go to check on her, she has popped the paci out and is sucking on her hand. LOL it’s actually pretty cute.
We really need to go and have more pictures made soon with the girly, before she grows out of her Easter dress. Maybe we’ll do that on Sunday….oh I don’t know…ugg. So many things to do.
I guess I don’t really have much else ‘riveting’ to write about.
I think I have been doing better with my walk with God. I’ve started listening to a preacher on a morning show on the radio on my way in to work, which always gives me something to discuss with Joel. A few days ago they were discussing the movement going on with teens now where they wait until Marriage to even kiss somebody. I told Joel that I’m not really sure how I feel about that. Hey, if somebody can manage to do that, then that is great for them. Buuuut I think it sort of opens us up to fall harder when temptation does come about. I dunno. It’s not, well….wasn’t for me but I guess if it works for others then more power to ‘em!
I’ve also started to leave Kenzie in the nursery downstairs during church so that I can focus on the sermon and hear what God has to say to me. I think that was a major part of me growing apart from God….i never really even had that one day of the week to just focus on him. So much of my day to day is focused around Kenzie, which I love, but I need to shift that and give God some time too.
Well….i should get to work since I’m out tomorrow! Lata!!






(she absolutely loves her jumparoo) :)

2 comments:

HB said...

I really miss church!!!! It is making me feel farther from God. We were used to Bible study and church on Sundays and doing more me and Sean Bible study during the week. I miss that time.

Anonymous said...

I heard about that no kissing movement, I'm kinda "eh" about it myself. So many of the teens that do the True Love Waits thing don't even follow through with it, so I wonder how well this one will go over.
I do need to work on my walk with God. The members at our church here are SO spread out...I'm talking that going from one person who is the furthest south and one who is the furthest north is about a 100 mile distance...and then people scattered in between...so it's been hard for me to connect with anyone. I really need to plug myself in while I'm at home, maybe find online studies or something because it's hard when everyone is so far.