So i just got done rocking Kenzie to sleep. She fell asleep right away...but i just kept rocking her for a while afterwards. Having a person trust you, and be so completely innocent in your arms is the most awesome thing in the world. I love bedtime and look forward to it everyday. Kenzie finished her bottle while i read 'Guess How Much I Love You' to her, and then i just sat there staring at her. Sean and Hettie...don't worry about the whole 'head support' thing on the rocking chair...you won't need it. I guarantee that you will spend the entirety of any 'rocking' time just staring at your baby's utter cuteness.
My mom always had an embroidered pillow in our house growing up and i never thought anything of it until i became a mom. The words mean so much more to me now...
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep...I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
I've had to learn that having a dirty house is ok, and missingmy favorite tv show is ok, and not eating the most healthy time consuming meal is really ok. I would so much rather spend the time with my baby girl than do anything else.
Another poem that i always want to share with kenzie is another one that my mom gave to me....
I should probably take that one to heart a little more too. :/
.............................
So i'm sitting here with 2 of my guilty pleasures....drinking a mudslide and watching America's Next Top Model. It's funny how worldly most of these girls are.
I got a call back from a company that does surveys and study groups and pays you cash for participating. Next Weds. they are doing one on diapers that requires me to go and do surveys for like 2 hours, but then i get $70, which would be nice to have. I'm not totally sure that i qualify for it yet...and i'm actually still debating if the $70 is worth losing an entire night with my baby....but in a selfish way i am going shopping at the outlet malls next Friday with my MIL and it wouldn't hurt to have $70 to spend on Kenzie and myself outside of our regular income. So i think i'll do it if they let me.
Anyways....uhmmmm i don't really have much else to talk about so i guess i'll check out! Lata!

1 comments:
ok trying not to cry. so true. thanks for sharing. i love ya!
Post a Comment