CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Can I get a Woot Woot!

Sooooo this weekend has been loverly so far and we still have one more day to go. Gotta love extra long weekends.
Kinda started on Thursday although that was no real vacation day. Kenzie and I had to go to the hospital alone for her 'u/s' since dad had school and MIL is only in her 2nd week of school. SO we got there at about 10 til 8 with her appt at 8. I knew it would take a few mins to register but it ended up taking like 35 mins. Oh well. Got back to radiology for the u/s and they sent us to women's imaging....shortly after mentioning that Kenzie would be getting a catheter ad xrays as well. I was so upset over that and wish my pedi would have told me!? Anyways...went to get her u/s and the tech was great and i just had to hold Kenzie down, annoying but not too bad and it only took about 5 mins. So then we went over to a dept. where they would put the catheter in but i was able to give her a bottle before that thank GOD! Got the catheter in with some fussing but really not too bad in general. It surprisingly didn't seem to hurt her too much to put it in. BUT Kenzie was tired of being held down by this point and started getting really tired. So i gave her the rest of her bottle and she fell asleep in my arms while i held her and her catheter pee bag. LOL. Waited for the xray room, finally got in and then waited another 30 mins for the doc....all the while trying to keep Kenzie still so she didn't pull out the catheter. IMPOSSIBLE. But we did it. XRAYS were pretty simple and easy so it wasn't too bad but over 3.5 hours of pinning Kenzie down, her barely getting a 20 min nap from 6am to 11am, and holding and comforting a baby all that time was just bad in general. BUT we did get the call the next day that all of her results were normal so she's off antibiotics and doing well.
Friday i went back to work for a half day (thanks to the holiday) and then when i got home Joel and I went to our friend's house for some dinner and hanging out. I ended up coming home without Joel to put Kenzie to bed and he helped clean out their basement since it flooded a while back. We relaxed the rest of the night.
Saturday we cleaned house ALL morning long but it looks great now and Kenzie is safe and free so roam everywhere. Good thing too because she can now go up the 3 steps from our living room to kitchen. Our Assoc. Pastor and his wife and two kids came over in the afternoon and hung out and we had a great time and had tacos for dinner.
Sunday was church in the AM and then we were going to go toa bday party for some family friend's little girl but decided to send Kenzie with Gma and Joel and I stayed home for some alone time. MUCH needed alone time. I painted and Joel worked on his knife and then we watched a movie and ate brownies and ice cream for dinner. LOL health nuts i know!
Anyways....tomorrow i'll be hanging out with Joel's mom and his aunt for the day. They had both gone to the outlets on Saturday and got Kenzie tons of clothes so i'm excited to start trying them on her. SHe got 4 pairs of pajamas, 2 for now, 2 for 24 mos. size...whenever that fits her. Then 2 little summer outfits with pants/shirt....2 skirt and tank outfits, an adorable dress, and another like 5 piece ladybug outfit with hat onesie pants socks and bib. All too cute. So Kenzie is a little spoiled, LOL. But honestly she is running lower on clothes now that she is getting so big so fast!
On my job front...i'm still looking forward to being a SAHM BUT that may change...but i'm ok with that. On my way home from work on Friday i got a phone call, assuming it was the pediatrician i answered casually....and i hear may i speak with Rebecca. I say this is she and they announce that it's Pam from New Washington Bank. I say OH hello! I had interviewed with her way back when Kenzie was first born for a job position, got to the 2nd interview and expected a call back but i guess they hired someone else. They both said that they really liked me and were trying to get me hired on to another position that might open up but i guess it never worked out. They said they'd keep me on file but everyone says that so i didn't expect much. I thought i had made a good impression on them though. I was going to try calling back but for the last month couldn't find their ph #s. So anyways....there is a position open and i told them that i would be interested in a part time position, doesn't matter how many hours. I would be fine with working at this bank part time because it's so close to home, they are closed every weds. and only open 5 hrs on Saturday AMs. THUS i'd be home a lot more and driving a lot less. AND Joel and I could pay off some serious debts with his school money. So i am taking this as a HUGE sign from God and really hoping it works out....but again if it's not his plan then thats fine too. So pray for us that this works out. I'd love to pay off some debt and be debt free sooner than 4 yrs but didn't want to continue in my job that i didn't like driving so many hours missing out on my kids growing up and never seeing my husband.
Well i should go and see the hubby now. He thinks i'm writing a novel. Maybe i did.

FIN

1 comments:

HB said...

I will be praying for you, hun!

What's FIN BTW? :)