CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Crawling and some G-Ma time

Well she did it. She FINALLY did it. Kenzie started really taking off with crawling this weekend. She had been taking a crawling step or tow for over a week now but then she'd fall flat on her face and just lay on her belly. Well Saturday afternoon we were just sitting there watching tv and she was playing on the floor and she took off! So now my new favorite words are Don't touch that, No, come back here, oh no what does she have now? LOL. It's great though and I'm loving that if she wants a different toy now, she'll go and get it!
I called my mom to let her know that Kenzie started to crawl and she told me that she was off on Monday and wanted to get out of the house and was going to talk to her husband about it but wanted to come up for a weekend visit! So they drove up here and we had dinner with them last night at Don Pablo's and plan to spend the day with them today after church too. I'm so excited! Even though we are only like 4 or 5 hours apart i don't get to see my mom very often and she hasn't seen Kenzie since she was like 3 months old, LOL.
Anyways....in the past weeks Joel has started school and is loving it. He wants to treat his speech class like a debate class....well he wants to treat every class except math like a debate class, LOL. I had a feeling THAT would happen. I actually enjoy working with him on his math homework since i'm probably a LITTLE better than him with math, LOL. We took IQ tests this weekend and Joel got 116 which is on the highest end of average, but he still felt like he was dumb. So i decided to take it too and got a 136. I didn't want to tell him but he asked. :( But it made me feel good to score that high after being out of school for so long. hehe
Kenzie is so cute over there on the floor chewing on all of her toys. A tooth may finally be on the way soon since she is chewing like crazy on everything in sight.
We had our friend's little girl's bday party yesterday and it went great. She got tons of little girl clothes and i painted her the letter's E-L-L-A for her room. Thanks to Vanessa for the inspiration!
Vanessa and I also started talking about Kenzie's birthday and what we're going to do and we've pretty much decided that she will fly up here for Kenzie's first birthday to meet her and bake her an AWESOME and yummy cake! (Thanks Gian for letting her come and hopefully you can come too!)
Well i have to start getting ready for church and chase the baby around for a while. I don't even know what to do with her anymore while i'm in the shower. CRAP!


Oh yeah one more thing....not to try and brag but our child is a genius! Kenzie can say both mommom and dada. At the party i would point to Joel and say Kenzie who is this? and she would say DADADADADA! Then Joel would point at me and say who is this!? And she would say mommomomomomom! We are in for one heck of a wild ride with this one. yummmm cake!

5 comments:

HB said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with your mommy! :)

Awww, I wanna come up and meet Kenzie, too!!!!!!!!!

Oh an dlove the pics of the doll face....and Kenzie! hee hee jk LOL

Becca said...

you guys really should come up here to meet the Kenzienator. :)

HB said...

Ugh! I know, we need to! We have so many trips to plan! How far is the drive?

Becca said...

It's like a 14 hour drive. 27 with a baby. :)

HB said...

And you know this man!!!! Exactly. 2 hour drive to Mt. Dora = 4 hours w baby. We are going to Naples this Friday (supposed to be 3 hours, we'll see!) :)