Well today started as any other day of late....wake up, throw up, get ready for work, go to work. I had a pretty crappy day at work to be honest. I got mad over a stupid thing early in the morning and let it ruin my whole day. I was going to just come home, eat dinner, and go to bed.
Well as i pulled into my driveway what do i see? A newly mulched flower bed, with newly planted little pink flowers. :) My MIL had come over today in the 95 degree weather, and mulched nearly all of our flower beds, and planted the cutest little pink flowers in our empty flower bed. It looks so awesome! Then i go inside and get ready to call her to say thank you, and what do i see on the table, but a note from our new church, sitting next to a tin. It is a little thank you for visiting the church (this is the 1st week we've put our info on the sign in sheet thingy) along with a tin full of homemade chocolate chip cookies.
It is absolutely amazing what God can do to turn your frown upside down when you need it most. I've been so worn out this week between Lilly's flea allergy, my nausea every day, the stupid IRS check situation, just everything. And now to come home to this sort of love and just awesomeness, is so welcome, and so appreciated. I LOVE OUR CHURCH and i LOVE MY MIL! :)
Our church is full of some of the most loving and friendly people we've ever met, and i actually am looking forward to going back....which hasn't happened for me since the whole divorce situation. I thank GOD that he led us to this home, this church, this life.
YAY!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Back Up and Turn Around!
Posted by Becca at 6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's great that you found a good church. We love our church! We could not see going anywhere else. Your MIL sounds like a sweetheart! If I hadn't met Sean and we hadn't gone through the whole military thing, I dunno if I would have found my way to God. He brought us through the bad stuff to get us to him, which I can live with!
We have not gotten our stimulus check yet! Have you all? We got our refund, but that's it.
Yeah no we haven't gotten our stimulus check yet either. When we filed we ended up owing like $360 and we never got a letter informing us of the stimulus check or when to expect it, so i called last week to the IRS. Apparently our taxes haven't even been processed yet so they said to expect a letter in 2-4 wks about the payment, and then hopefully by the end of July we'd actually get it. SUX!!!!
Post a Comment