CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 11, 2008

'Ode to Coffee

So i have never enjoyed coffee, my whole life. Always loved the smell, loved the ambiance of coffee houses, just never drank the coffee. Well when i got my job here in Louisville, I discovered a Starbucks less than 1 mile from my office, that i have to pass to get to work. During the interviewing process if i got there early, i would stop by and grab a beverage. I decided to try the frappaccino, thinking that a cool drink sounded good on a 100 degree hot day. I ordered a grande caramel Frap. and paid the man for my beverage, then on my way i went. It is at this point that my world was turned upside-down. Each sip was like a little piece of liquid heaven. Little did i know that that purchase would throw me into a coffee and Starbucks obsession. After getting the job, i continued to go to Starbucks on a regular basis. This got out of hand and i began to go nearly every day, happily paying the $4.24 for my frappaccino. After probably throwing us into debt over my new frap. obsession i decided it was time to start cutting back. So nowadays i usually go there on Friday and Monday, sometimes just one or the other. I have now developed a new love...the McD's Vanilla iced coffee. These are much more cost effective, and while not as delicious, they do calm the craving quite nicely. So now here i sit, sucking down the addiction. This is really the worst kind of addiction for me right now too. It's like smoking. Here i am, we're trying to get pregnant, and i'm addicted to a caffeine LOADED beverage. As soon as something happens i'll have to cut it off cold turkey....but until that time....i will continue to load up on my Frappaccinos, Vanilla Iced Coffees, Cappaccinos, Lattes, and various and sundry coffee related products. Ode to my coffee....how did i ever live without you?!

2 comments:

HB said...

I love coffee. I look forward to it every morning. I think it is what actually gets me out of bed in the morning. While Starbucks Carmel Macchiato is my absolute fav, I only visit that evil, evil place once in a while. Starbucks and I, well we have a love-hate relationship. Good news though, I read in Conception magazine that coffee is good for pregnant women and they actually have folic acid infused coffee products on store shelves. Women everywhere are rejoicing!

Actually, there are many health benefits to drinking coffee, but probably not the iced, sweet, whip topped varieties.

Any way, every way you look at it, it is better than smoking! Trust me on that one.

Hey, great idea: Starbucks should pay us to be their spokeswomen, they could just pay us in free coffee!!

Becca said...

haha S*bux could easily pay me with one Frap. per week and i would do anything that they wanted as far as promo work goes. LOL. And maybe i should find the info that says coffee is good for preggo women..LOL then i could just drink coffee alllllll the time.