So on Friday afternoon at work i was surprised with another baby shower from my co-workers. I was thrilled!! One of the ladies in our office makes cakes and always makes birthday cakes and such for the office, but she made me an absolutely adorable cake...as seen below....
And it was fun-fetti cake....my fave!!
I got tons of cute stuff, a few outfits, some pacifiers, diapers, blankets, stuffed animals, a diaper caddy/organizer for the changing table, and some general supplies too. The topper though was the gift that i guess everyone pitched in some money on....i got my playpen/bassinet/changing table!!! I was soooooo psyched about it! I put it together first thing on Saturday morning and it is just too cool. It has a little wind up mobile too!! So after all of that stuff i think we are just about entirely prepared, if not over-prepared for baby to get here! I went out and bought a changing table pad because i had two covers, but no pad; and i also got a little laundry hamper, appropriate for baby sized things, LOL.
I was out shopping with Joel's mom for that stuff ^ so i also got a few presents for Joel for Christmas too. I'm really excited about them because what i did get for him is not what he was expecting i dont think. I ended up getting him a bluetooth for his phone but we were out shopping together and found the perfect one, so he knows about that gift :(. Oh well. Joel and I spent all day on Saturday Christmas shopping and grocery shopping so i'm glad that it's just about all done now. We caught up on grocery shopping and fully 'stocked the shelves' since i have nearly 2 weeks off at home after Christmas, and then i'll be home for a LONG time.
Today (Sunday) we went to church and then came home because Joel had to work tonight. I cleaned up a little bit to prepare for Christmas being here this year, and then we just were lazy around the house after that. It was REALLY cold here today but our living room was so nice and cozy with the sun shining in and the fireplace roaring. I think right now it's about 10 degrees outside, with a 'feels like' of -5 though so it's not quite as cozy warm anymore, LOL.
Well that's about it for our weekend update.
As for baby...nothing much new but i am on weekly appt's now so i have an appt tomorrow. People are saying that I've 'dropped' so Mackenzie is prepping for her entry!! hurray!
Merry Christmas to everyone and i hope you all have a great Christmas!!!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Another Shower and a busy weekend....
Posted by Becca at 6:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nice cake.
Please tell Joel not to be the dork that wears his Bluetooth headset around wherever he is, even if he is not talking on it. I hate that! Well, actually I don't like the Bluetooth concept at all any way.
How long is your maternity leave?
It was 75 here yesterday and sunny! ;)
I know i don't like the blue tooth concept, it annoys the crap out of me but what're you gonna do.
Maternity leave will only be between 8-10 weeks probably because as far as insurance is concerned that's how long it takes to recover. Outside of that i'd be unpaid so i don't know if we can afford much of that.
Post a Comment