CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

GTT and a good weekend...

Joel and i had SUCH a good weekend this weekend. It was really cold the whole time so we had our fire going the whole time. We had planned to plan nothing for the weekend and were successful with that. Friday we ate pasta and sat around watching tv until we fell asleep. Saturday we woke up and sat around some more. I made waffles for breakfast :)...yummo! We didn't even shower until the late afternoon...it was wonderful. We cooked chicken kabobs for dinner with fried rice...more yummo. You can tell where my preggo brain is, LOL.
Sunday we went to church and Joel's mom came with us. We had lunch afterwards and ran some errands and went to see Joel's great aunt for a little while. Overall it was a very relaxing and wonderful weekend full of warmth and relaxation. I did get more ambitious of Saturday afternoon and re-arranged the living room in prep for baby and Christmas. I wanted more space in here and there was too much 'stuff' too. So now it's nice and clean and spacious! HURRAY!
As for my glucose test, i finally got the results tonight. My final #'s are supposed to be between 75 and 110, and i had a final blood sugar of 96...so it was still pretty high, and my first hour was of course really high. So my doc wants to be cautious and she's sending me to work with a dietician of sorts to talk to me about what i should/should not eat. I don't think i'll need to test my blood sugar or anything since technically i was within the 'normal' range, but i guess it's good to be careful. SO i guess it's good news and bad news. But overall i'm happy with the results. I kind of knew that i had blood sugar issues since i always have had weird reactions to not eating or not having any sugar in a day. But anywho...

As for baby...she is getting big and is up to my ribs now. She doesn't like my ribs so she is trying to kick them out of her way. I think she has finally turned to be up/down instead of side to side because i feel much 'bigger' in a different way now. Plus the kicking has relocated :). I can't believe i have 9 more weeks to go, and at the same time, ONLY 9 weeks to go. It's very bittersweet really. I am miserable with back pain and hip pain and heartburn and not being able to breathe, but i also can't wait to hold her in my arms and have our lives change so copmpletely.

Well i'm gonna head off to bed soon. Have a good week everyone!

1 comments:

HB said...

Yah, I suffer from hypoglycemia. It is no fun! I get really shaky, nauseous, lightheaded and weird feeling when I need to eat, but not all the time. I never know when it is going to happen. Yucky!