CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ugg

So today is a yucky day. I’m at work but I don’t really know for how long. I’m trying not to use anymore vacation days at all, but if I don’t start to feel better soon I may have to take a halfer.
Buuut for my updates…nothing exciting to tell….we had an uneventful weekend, but Joel was on t.v. for our church, LOL. We volunteer to help out with Angel Food on one Saturday per month and this time the local news was there. Much to Joel’s dismay he did make it onto the news, but only in the background of the shots, no interviews or anything. Luckily I managed to keep my fat self out of the picture. J
Sunday we had church and then went to Joel’s mom’s house to celebrate grandma’s birthday. She passed away a while ago but Joel’s mom wanted all of the kids to come over and celebrate the day so it was a full house. Sherry (MIL) finally got to feel Mackenzie kick and so she was thrilled about that.
Today brings cool weather and the promise of a long week of cool weather so I’m really happy. I love the fall and I’m so over the hot days of 90+ weather. Today’s high is like 68 or something so whooot whooot!
Tomorrow marks Mackenzie’s point of ‘viability,’ so basically if she was born anytime after this point she has a ‘chance’ of surviving. Granted I want her to stay in there and cook much much longer, but it’s still comforting to know that she has a 70% chance of survival from this point on, and everyday that she cooks her chances increase by another 3%.
Both Joel and I are starting to get really excited about our vacation down to FL. We’re not really making it an all out ‘vacation’ because let’s face it…the economy isn’t exactly promoting a wealth of extra spending money right now, and with baby on the way we need to save as much as possible, but we both just so want the time off to relax and see friends and spend time together. I’m actually really excited about the drive down too, as weird as that may sound. We used to take mini road trips all the time when we first got married and we haven’t really driven much of anywhere in over a year now. It should work out well though, Joel will pick me up from work and we’ll leave from here, and then he’ll drive most of the way through the night. He’s off on Friday so he can sleep all day while I’m at work. Anyways, he’ll drive until we get to south GA or so and then I’ll take over so he can get some more rest. I can’t believe how soon it is….less than 2 weeks now! Eep!
Well I still feel like a sack of poo so I’m going to spend most of today sitting at my desk doing nothing, especially since we have nothing to do today. Ugg.

2 comments:

HB said...

Hope u are feeling better.

Let me know your plans for here. how long you will be here, etc. and if possibly we will get to see ya'll.

Fall is my favorite! I love everything about it.

Becca said...

We'll give you guys a call when we get down there. We'll be in from Saturday 10/11 and leave on 10/19 so anytime that you guys have a day we'd love to hang out. I know with the job changes now though that it may be a little harder :(