CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Weekend of Fun!

So i'm really glad that it is Friday because a) this week has D-R-A-G-G-E-D on FOREVER...and b) i get to spend all day Saturday with my hubby, and then get our maternity pics taken. Joel and I haven't had pics done of 'us' since the wedding so i'm really excited to see how they turn out. I'm going to go to Old Navy today to get a new shirt/outfit for the pics too so shopping is always exciting hehe.
It's still really cold outside which is lovely...staying below 65 in the afternoon...so i'll get to wear my little peacoat for ths pics like i wanted to....just makes it seem more like fall. I keep picturing all of these different poses in my head that i want to do so i should probably start writing them down for Kara (our friend/photog) to try and work with. I'm such an 'artsy' person and love photography myself (though i'm not SO great at it) so i'll probably be difficult to work with.
As far as our family update...nothing too new to report. I had another checkup on Weds. and mom and baby are doing great. Mom has gained a total of 19 lbs so they say i'm right on track but i am technically gaining over a pound per week, which i don't really want to continue so i'm going to need to start working out more or walking around the neghborhood now that it's cool out. I don't understand how i can put on a pound per week and not see it EVERYWHERE. I mean when i put on that much weight after we got married it was OBVIOUS but now other than the obvious belly, i don't know where that 19 pounds is hiding! Oh well...i guess it's a good thing that i don't have flappy 'teacher arms' or a double chin yet, LOL.
Joel is doing well and work is starting to pick up and get busy in prep forthe holiday season. It's a bittersweet thing because he does get a lot more overtime, which really helps us out financially, but i don't get to see him very much during the week. But then again i only saw him for like 20 mins most days anyways so it's not like we're missing out on too much. His company has also been really gracious so far this year with the profit sharing so it's nice to look forward to that. I guess the shrinking economy hasn't affected the 'drinking economy' too much. I mean...when people get sad...they drink....when people celebrate...they drink. SO i guess it's a pretty safe business, which is sad to think about but hey...it's a job right?
Ok i should go and get ready for work now. I hope everyone has a great weekend and to Vanessa, if you still ever read this...Congrats Mrs. Sanyer!!!! :)

1 comments:

HB said...

Hope the pics go well today and look forward to seeing them.

Start moving girlfriend! It feels really good to workout and walk and stretch. I couldn't go a day without exercise. :O) My boss is giving us year gym passes too, which I am really excited about. they offer classes, have a pool, weights, exercise machines, etc. YAY!

Happy your app went well.